7.03.2014

Starting Over With Stability

Reading through this old blog depressed me. So, with a cleaned slate and some new shiny colors, I start again. Because I'm in a completely different place than I was at this time last year. And the year before that.

This year, I'm happy. I'm healthy. I'm in a healthy relationship. I have a healthy relationship with my mom and my dad both. I'm not holding grudges. I'm at a job I'm not crazy about but it pays the bills (isn't everyone though?). I've relocated. And I've got some new hobbies that I think are very well suited to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still very much into writing and I still see things I can take really amazing pictures of if I just had the right equipment, and I'm still playing guitar and video games. It's not like I've changed all that much. But I've come out of a dark place, a dark relationship, and a deployment turned all of that around.

It's amazing what being halfway around the world can do for your mindset. It helps you reevaluate everything in your life because, short of going to the moon, there really is no greater distance from your life's problems that allows you to take a fresh look at everything you think is wrong with your life... and take another look at things you didn't think were wrong but discovered were with help from friends.

So with a much lighter heart, I reopen my blog. Motorcycle Mondays (hello most recent new hobby! And thank you Kyle for that inspiration...), Weekly Rant Wednesdays, and random other posts just because, since there's no telling what crosses my mind on any given day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am completely in favor of this.